Thursday, August 6, 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set, GOALS!


It's almost here! The start of the school year is more of a "new year" for my business than January 1 ever is. The IRS mandates my fiscal year be January 1 to December 31, but my personal career calendar is from the first day of school to the last. 

How about you?

It is time to consider goals for the year. 

1--What do you plan to achieve with your writing? Be specific!

2--What do you plan to achieve with your income? Numbers people!

3--How much can you do each day, each week, each month?

4--Ideas, please! List them, line up interviews, get ready to write queries.

5--Go, go, go!

I challenge you to get your office, your goals, your career in order BEFORE the kids head back to school. Hit the ground running; otherwise, you might lose valuable time trying to organize your thoughts and your space. 

Your kids aren't the only ones who need to be prepared for a new school year.

Do it! I dare you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie! This is my second attempt at a comment since my one-year-old just managed to delete my other one by banging a toy tractor on the keyboard. Ahh, how I look forward to the day when they are in school...sort of? :-) Anyway, I love your list and was inspired by it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete