Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sick Leave

Last week I had a reality check. My daughter and I were both sick and, at the beginning of the week, my husband was out of town. Although I wasn't bed-ridden with the flu, the daily tasks of caring for two children (one who was sick and one who was bored) while feeling rotten was a huge strain. I was pretty miserable. Writing was the last thing on my mind.

Now I will be paying for it. I have deadlines looming. I like to take my time with articles, finishing up and submitting them a week or two in advance. I have learned that when requesting interviews and working with multiple sources, it is easier to have time.

This is the first time I have dealt with being sick as a self-employed person. What are your tips for staying on track when you are solely responsible?

No comments:

Post a Comment