Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Accountability...Or Lack Thereof!

I have never sent a query. Is that weird? I was thinking about this last night when I was supposed to be sleeping. I think I have never queried because I don't want to be held accountable for something I haven't prepared yet.

Seriously, I am accountable for my children, my house, our laundry, our grocery shopping...the list is never-ending (I am so thankful I am NOT a single mom. I can't imagine the accountability there). So I am thinking that NOT querying is a result of needing to be in control of something--my writing!

Or is this just a cop-out?

I am not sure yet. 

But I know that my methods have worked well so far. I prepare an article and send it, in completion, to regional parenting publications as a reprint. Not big $$, but lots of exposure. I send an essay, the full manuscript, and let the recipient decide if the finished work fits the bill. 

I do write one monthly column for Military Spouse Magazine & I stress every single month about whether or not it is good enough, appropriate, etc.

So, I guess what I am realizing is that this writing thing is a work in progress & I will get where I am supposed to be in time!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment