Friday, December 26, 2008

Finding My Niche

The idea behind this blog is a work in progress...just like my writing career. I have already enjoyed publishing success. Now I want to narrow the scope of my writing and find my niche. I frequently lose sleep wondering what my specialty is. Where will I land and will it be in a place that suits me and allows my career to flourish?

Originally, I thought my niche would be in somewhere in the health and fitness field. I found that writing about those topics is a bit of a struggle for me. My articles are accurate, but flat. They lack passion.

I am leaning now towards a niche in the essay-writing arena, but I cannot seem to narrow my scope any further. I enjoy writing essays and have had success with Southern Living Magazine. In fact, that is one of only two essays I have submitted and it got picked up within three weeks! I seem to be able to pop essays out pretty quickly and I LOVE writing them. So I will see where this takes me and I will check back frequently to let you know.

I would love to hear your success stories and lessons learned when it comes to essay writing and submitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment