Thursday, July 16, 2009

Submitting More Than One Article at a Time (To RPPs)

A member of my writing group prepares several submissions per month to submit to regional parenting publications (RPPs). I wish I had that kind of output! She was curious as to whether or not numerous submissions to the same publications would be viewed as pesky if they were sent individually. I thought she had a great point. I also realized that, if sent separately, it would take a great deal of time to send that number of submissions to a large group of editors.

I considered possible solutions and proposed that she try the following:

--Choose a self-imposed deadline each month (the first day, the 15th day, etc.) and complete all work for the month by that date. 
--Submit one email that includes the following information: name of each article, word count and a 2-4 sentence description of each article.
--For those of you who are really on the ball, direct editors to a website or blog that lists all of your other available articles as a reminder each month that you have work readily available.

I am not an editor, but I cannot see how this would possibly be viewed as pesky. In fact, I believe it would be a great way to showcase your work, your ability to meet a deadline and your commitment as a writer.

Do any of you have experiences in this area to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment