Thursday, September 17, 2009

Conversation With a Regional Editor

I had the pleasure of speaking with a regional editor last week. She revealed some interesting information that I thought all of you writer-moms might like to hear!

She told me that she loves local writers and that one of her goals each month is to include as many local writers as possible. (Do I need to say here, if you have a local parenting magazine, contact the editor NOW!)? She mentioned that she enjoys working with writers at all stages in their careers, but she absolutely will not tolerate...(drum roll please)...

writers who consistently do not make their deadlines

Did you get that? She did NOT say, " I refuse to work with writers who consistently omit commas, or I won't work with anyone who hasn't had 10 articles published already." She said that she won't work with people who don't meet their deadlines.

WOW. Now that is a revealing statement. To be a writer for this editor, you must do the work in a timely fashion.

What a glorious thing to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment